Sunday 2 January 2011

Arrived at Eldoret

Having set off on the morning of Wednesday 29th December, I finally arrive at the training centre in Eldoret in the evening of Thursday 30th. It was a long journey, and I was very tired, but it is great to be here, and I am looking forward to a great month.
The Kenyan athletes and coaches themselves are on holiday, and will be returning to the centre on Monday 3rd January. This gives me three days to go for some steady runs and try and get at least a little used to the altitude! The only other athlete here until Monday is Wijekoon Chaminda, a Sri Lankan international who came 4th in the Commonwealth 1500m final in New Dehli, beating all the British atheletes competing in the process, so not a bad athelete to be training with!
During my first two days of training (still at easy running stage whilst getting used to altitude), I remember how fun training can be in good, warm weather, compared to the frezzing conditions and snow back home. Just to emphasis the different climate in Kenya compared to back home, I get asked am I not cold running in just shorts and t-shirt because it is bit cool at the moment. The hot days in Kenya could be very interesting for training in.
Speak again soon, and hope everyone back in the UK had a great new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment